Pages

Friday 6 March 2015

Botanical gardens



Botanical gardens

I woke up surprised and happy saying I'm going to the botanical gardens today. I quickly got dressed,Put on my shoes,have my breakfast,brush my teeth and get into the car and off we go. When I got to school I saw lots of people with their sport shoes on like me. Then I checked my bag and made sure I had everything I needed like some sunscreen,water, food and my sun hat. I had everything I needed so then we all got into our groups. Mrs Cochrane gave a group a camera each so we can take picture’s on the plants and leaves so that when we get back to school we can do research on them and learn about it. Then the bus came and everyone went on the bus. I was really happy because it was a double decker so I hopped on the top and I sat next to Gina. When the bus started going It felt like I was flying up high in the air..  It was a long ride but then we finally got there. When the bus stopped we all got out and there was an instructor named Caroline and she took us to the courtyard and then we met another lady named Susan. After that Susan told us the rules. Then we had morning tea and I had chocolate chip cookie and pizza bun. After that Caroline took my classroom room 4 to a classroom to learn about exotic,endemic,native plants and weeds. Then she put down some card’s and asked everyone to pick a card that is native to New Zealand. Then Caroline told us that we were going to the children's garden so when we got there we had to spray some spray on us so that the mosquitoes won’t bite us. Then we had a tui story and Gina was the tui it was really funny. Then we had a magic moment which is when Caroline gives a mat to us to sit on and we have to sit down somewhere not close to each other and think about the sounds that were coming from different directions. Then we had to get into groups and find the plants on the pitcher that was given to us. I was with Faith and Arianna. Then we went over a bridge to see the kowhai. Then we had to get the seeds from the seed pods and we were given a little bag to put it in and if it was brown that would not be good but if it was yellow it is good. Then Caroline leaded us to a place where we can do pricking,flax or cutting and Caroline showed us all of them of how to do it. So then we all did it and I did the cutting and pricking and when mine was all done it looked really pretty. After that we went back to the courtyard had our lunch with the rest of the classes. Then when we finished our lunch we went for our bush walk. For our bush walk we went to the feijoa tree,guava tree and heaps of more trees. The bush walk took a long time but we finally got back to the courtyard. So when everyone all met at the courtyard we all just had to wait for the bus to come back. So the bus came and everyone hopped on and I went on the top again and I saw a car that said just married because that were getting married. When the bus started moving I was about to fall asleep but it was really noisy so then I tried to have a sleep later on but I saw that we were already at school. Then the bus stopped and everyone raced back to their classrooms but not me because my legs were so sore. So when we got to our classrooms the teacher opened the door and we all put our plants on the bench and some watered it. After that we said our going home prayer and then we all went home and I had to walk. The botanics was really fun and I had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.