Pages

Thursday 12 April 2018

Tapa cloth reflection

Tapa Cloth Reflection
 
  • Are you pleased with your accomplishment? Why / Why Not?
Yes, Because I had never made a Tapa Cloth before and it
was nice to try something new and different. Also because my tapa shows translation, rotation, and reflection.

  • What were some of the most interesting discoveries you made while working on your Tapa Cloth? About the task? About myself?
One of the discoveries I made was that, I never knew tapa cloths were an islander type of art and that people in the islands make it out of barkcloth.

  • What were some of my most challenging moments in making my Tapa Cloth and what made them so?
The most challenging things for me was ruling my grid lines 3cm apart and making sure they were all even. The other part was when I was bleaching, colouring, and dying my paper, because I didn’t want to make any rips or holes on my tapa cloth.

  • What would you do differently if you were to make a Tapa Cloth again?
I would think more carefully about what shapes that I was going to use, and where to put them. Also to not press too hard on the paper when bleaching because then it’s going to rip.


  • What / who helped you with your Tapa Cloth?
Miss. Paton showed me how to rule my lines and how to make the Tapa. Ferah also helped me with my bleaching and colouring in with the vivid.

  • What could you modify / alter on your Tapa Cloth?
I would add more designs to my Tapa and I would also draw my designs a bit bigger so that they would be more clearer to see from a distance.

  • What aspect of your Tapa Cloth are you most proud of?
I am most proud of my design as it represents my culture and I like the way I dyed the cloth because the colour wasn't to light, nor it wasn't too dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.