Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

Week 1, Day 4: Summer learning journey- Activity 2: Pancakes and maple syrup?

Summer learning journey- Activity 2: Pancakes and maple syrup?


Task:
For this activity you are asked to choose one of your favourite foods. On your blog,
write the name of your favourite food and then tell us how to make it. You may need to
ask a family member, friend or Google (!) for help, if you do not normally make this food
for yourself.


My favourite food: French toast


Ingredients you will need:
  • Thick slices of bread (Brioche would be best but any kind is fine)
  • 2 eggs
  • cup of milk
  • ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon (Optional)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Salt to taste (A pinch)


Method to making your french toast:
Step 1:
Beat together the egg, milk, salt, chosen spices, and vanilla extract


Step 2:
Heat a lightly oiled griddle, skillet, or pan over medium- high heat

Step 3:
Dunk each slice of bread in your egg mixture, soaking both sides. Then, place the bread
in your pan and cook on both sides until golden. Once it is cooked, feel free to add any
toppings such as fruit, syrup, whipped cream, etc..




5 comments:

  1. Hello AJ! It's Amanda here again, that delicious looking image of yours caught my attention! What a good eye you have! I have made french toast before and it was such an easy experience... The best part about making french toast is being able to eat it all by yourself knowing that you created a masterpiece! Have you made french toast before?
    Anyways, keep up the good work AJ!

    Thank you,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've made french toast before and it tastes really good ! Thanks for your thoughtful comment!

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora My name is Ariana. Great recipe. I love french toast for breakfast. I don't have maple syrup with my french toast I have tomato sauce.
    You can check my blog out at: https://osarianac.blogspot.com/
    Blog you later
    Ariana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ariana. Wow french toast with tomato sauce?, sounds like an interesting combination!

      Delete
  3. Hello again AJ, thank you for sharing your favourite food and a recipe as well. French toast is delicious. I always find it works better with white bread but sometimes I will use a mix grains type of bread. I love having it with fried banana and maple syrup.
    What better way to start your day?

    It can take a little time to make it so I'll usually only have it on the weekends.

    What is your favourite sweet food to eat? I recently baked some brownies and they were quite delicious if I don't say so myself.

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.