Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Week 1, Day 5: Summer learning journey- Activity 2: Living on the edge

Summer learning journey- Activity 2: Living on the edge


Dear Mum and Dad,


I’m currently on my school trip in Tundra and it’s freezing here! The average temperature over here
is around -18 degrees. Did you know the word Tundra comes from a Finnish word tunturi, which means
treeless plain or barren land? Thats explains why there's hardly any trees here compared to back at
home in New Zealand! If you’re wondering where abouts is Tundra, it’s located at the top of the world
near the North Pole. Despite how cold it is, It’s been great fun over here especially since i’m with my
friends. Earlier today me and my class just stayed indoors because it was too cold for any of us to go
outside. Tomorrow we are going to go and try look for some animals to take photos and do some cool
writing about them. I can’t wait to come back home!

Related imageImage result for tundra

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora AJ,

    I really like the letter that you have written home to your mom. As I was reading it I was thinking about what it must be like to live in such a cold, barren place. My dad has actually spent time in the tundra, having travelled north for a couple of weeks with some friends of his to explore northern Canada. He is an outdoor education teacher who loves spending time in remote, extreme places. I am not sure if I, personally, would enjoy it very much! What do you think? Would you like to actually visit the tundra one day?

    I can see that you've posted some great pictures of the tundra on your blog to accompany your letter. When we use pictures in our posts, we have to give credit to the original photographer. To give credit, we insert the link for the website where we found the photos to our blog. Can you please go back and find the websites that you used for these pictures and include a link to them on your blog? Thanks, AJ!

    Blog with you again soon,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.